Renting A Dumpster In Essex County NJ: What You Need To Know
One convenience available to homeowners and businesses in Essex County New Jersey is that they can rent a dumpster to haul away unwanted debris. Major projects such as home renovations or decluttering storage can produce a large amount of waste. There are instances when renting a dumpster makes sense. In this article, we will discuss when it is a good idea to rent a dumpster and what you need to know before doing so.
Projects That May Require a Dumpster Rental
1. Storage or garage cleanout, also known as junk removal. Whether a home or business, items we once could not live without are only taking up space. A quick glance in any cabinet in most garages will find old paint cans, broken tools, and products we no longer need. Don’t forget about the four leftover tile pieces and two-foot piece of wood we thought we might need one day.
Most of us underestimate how much of this material we have held onto over the years. When we decide to get rid of the unwanted material, it can be overwhelming. Regular trash cans and bags may not be enough. This is a good opportunity to rent a dumpster.
2. Home or business demolition. Tearing down an old shed or ripping out a concrete slab in our yard will produce a large amount of waste. Not only is the size of the waste an issue, but the type of material is not easy to get rid of. This is another example of when to rent a dumpster.
3. Home remodeling. Like demolition, a remodeling project will produce both wastes from what is removed and leftover material from any new build. If the project is large enough, it is probably a good idea to rent a dumpster.
4. Appliance removal. If you are updating your appliances to the latest and greatest models, you will need somewhere for your old ones to go. Instead of trying to haul them away with a truck or trailer, rent a dumpster large enough to hold all of the old ones.
Some never think of renting a dumpster because they believe the cost will be too much. In reality, the cost of a dumpster is quite affordable and much more efficient than hauling junk off on your own. Now that you understand why you might need a dumpster rental, let’s look at what you need to know before renting.
Things You Should Know About Dumpster Rental
There are different types of dumpster rentals for various waste types. Before ordering a dumpster, you need to know what is going to be thrown away. Each dumpster will be assigned for the type of waste you have when ordering. The main reason for the differences is that some types of waste can be recycled, so it is better to separate them from the start.
Here are a few of the different types of dumpsters available.
- Concrete dumpsters are made only for the broken pieces of concrete removed and that need to be thrown away. Cinderblocks made from concrete are ok, but bricks are not.
- Metal only dumpsters are for metal, as the name implies.
- There are also dumpsters for yard waste, such as tree limbs, removed bushes, leaves, etc.
The size of the dumpster you rent is essential to your project. You can learn more about dumpster sizes in this post here. Not only do you have to think about how much material you will have to remove, buy how much room you have at your home or business for the dumpster to sit. Some subdivisions and municipalities have restrictions on placing dumpsters on the street. Be sure you know your community rules before ordering.
Dumpsters will usually come in sizes by how many square yards of material they hold. For instance, you will be able to order a five-yard, ten yard, fifteen yard, and a twenty-yard dumpster. This allows you as a customer to have the right dumpster for your job.
For junk removal of large bulky items, a larger dumpster will be needed, while smaller dumpsters may suffice for a room renovation. Your professional dumpster rental service will be able to guide you on what type you need for your project.
Length of Dumpster Rentals
When planning your project, you will need to know how long you will require a dumpster. Rental plans can be cost-effective for you with a base plan of say ten days. After the base plan, the rental company will charge for each day after. Having the dumpster for only the days, you need them can save you money in the end.
What You Cannot Rent a Dumpster For
Before renting a dumpster, you will need to know what you cannot dispose of in them. For environmental reasons, there are certain items that will not be allowed. Some services specialize in what is considered environmental waste. Ask your dumpster rental service about what you can do with these types of waste. Most counties or municipalities provide an avenue for their disposal.
Let’s take a look at items that will not be allowed in regular dumpsters.
2. Refrigerators due to the refrigerant inside.
4. Paint cans lacquers, and adhesives still in the can
5. Car batteries
6. Hazardous materials
7. Food waste
8. Household cleaners
9. Ink and resins
10. Oils, fuels, propane tanks, railroad ties (due to the creosote content)
11. Computers, TVs, microwaves, fluorescent light tubes
Renting a dumpster for your junk removal project in Essex County New Jersey can certainly make the job go smoother and more cost-efficient. As we have seen in this article, each business or homeowner needs to know before renting a dumpster.
Whether it be the size that is needed or the type of junk that will be hauled away, a decision will have to be made on which type and size to rent. Talk to your professional dumpster rental company for guidance. Years of renting for all kinds of projects have given them the experience to help you decide what is best for you.
We hope this article has taught you all about renting a dumpster in Essex County NJ and wish you the best!